Nahdet El Mahrousa, together with our partners, is leading sustainable community change through creative ideas, innovation, and entrepreneurialism.
Our partnerships are designed to provide the needed tools and resources for community development organizations and social enterprises to thrive in Egypt. Whether you’re a business owner, foundation, or institution, we offer packages with clear benefits, real results, and tangible impact on society.
Our three partnership programs are outlined below.
- Social Start-up Builders
At NM, we support young social enterprises and grassroots NGO/CSOs to have a real impact on the field. By offering variety of tools, resources, capacity building, and technical support, we aim to help these young and informal organizations grow. Our partners provide us the financial support, along with a variety of resources and networks, to help these organizations thrive. The focuses vary based on priorities, and have included employment, education, healthcare, science and technology, agriculture, and arts and culture.
- Yahoo! Maktoob (Social Innovation Starts with YOU!),
- The MasterCard Foundation and International Youth Foundation (Egypt @ Work Program),
- The International Youth Foundation and USAID (Egyptian Education and Employment Alliance).
- Barclays Bank Egypt "Social Innovation for Employement"
- Entrepreneur 2 Entrepreneur (E2E)
Many young Egyptian entrepreneurs and professionals have expressed a renewed desire to “give back” to their society. In response, we developed E2E, aiming to build upon the success of established entrepreneurs to support NM’s rising young change makers. This is a chance for young Egyptians to get involved in the movement, and using their experience and expertise, provide resources and support to help the social enterprise sector bloom.
- TBS Bakery Shop, Grizzly, Publicist, and Nile FM provide NM and our social start-ups with direct funding, product donations, and pro bono expertise and mentoring.
- Knowledge Advancement
One of our primary aims is to improve the overall ecosystem for social entrepreneurship in Egypt. We do this through supporting discussion around the topics of social entrepreneurship and development, research in the field, and educational programs for young and budding entrepreneurs. We created this program for partners interested in supporting the overall structure to help social enterprises thrive in Egypt.
- IFC/World Bank and Zaki Hashem Law Firm research paper "Analysis of the Legal Barriers to Social Enterprises in Egypt"
- Institute for International Education (LOTUS: providing students with specialized education and training in social change and entrepreneurship).